WIDE+ is looking for a Project Coordinator to manage, facilitate and implement several projects of the network and help fundraise for new projects. The person is expected to work independently and have experience with project management/coordination, including budgeting and fundraising.
The Project Coordinator will start to coordinate the WE-EMPOWER project (Expanding Tools in Addressing Barriers for Migrant Women to Participate in Democratic Life, ending in 2024) and the COPGendered project (Gender and Climate Justice: Knowledge for Empowerment, ending in 2025). A relevant part of the role is to help create new projects through fundraising.
The vacancy is part time, for three days per week, for 2 years. And if we are successful in raising funds for new projects, the term can be prolonged. The position can be done from any country in Europe, given that experience with transnational projects or alliance building and feminist action is important. There is a trial period of 4 months and an evaluation after one year. At these moments, reduction or increase of working time can be discussed.
WIDE+ works with feminist governance principles. That means that coordinators facilitate collective decision making within and with the relevant working groups with partners and members. This horizontal decision making is combined with an efficient, clear, transparent coordination by the WIDE+ secretariat to help achieve the project objectives and overall the WIDE+ mission and vision.
WIDE+ is a European network of feminist activists, scholars, and women’s rights organisations that reaches out to 300 associations, through its national membership-based networks and organisations across Europe. It promotes women’s rights by analyzing the systemic causes of inequality and advocating for transformative change. Its core strengths are its scope, activism and diversity of our network. WIDE+ has members in many European states and partners around the globe.
For WIDE+, feminism is not only about challenging patriarchy. We strongly believe that many of the current crises we face in Europe and beyond are caused by neo-liberal approaches that put big business and privatization before the wellbeing and human rights of people. Work primarily done by women is still made invisible (unpaid care work) or exploited at the bottom end of the pay scale. WIDE+ promotes a global and intersectional feminism.
- An opportunity to work according to feminist values and vision, to bring about feminist change.
- A dynamic and diverse network with opportunities to learn new things and bring in own ideas.
- An opportunity to co-shape the gender and migration work for the years ahead, as well as the agenda around gender and climate justice . And having possibilities to take on other topics that are connected to WIDE+’s agenda.
- Salary is 3200 Euros gross per month through a freelance arrangement of choice. The person is responsible to arrange taxes according to the country of residence from this total amount. Applicants with a possibility to work in Belgium can also work in our co-working space under a fixed employment contract (with a lower gross amount per month, as the total amount of 3200 will also cover direct payments to the state).
Please send a CV and motivation letter to email@example.com before 23.59 O’clock on 30 October 2023. For more information contact the above mentioned e-mail address. Interviews will be organized shortly after the closing date. Only applicants selected for an interview will receive a reply; if people have questions about the selection process, they can also write to the above address.
- Qualified Bachelor as educational background.
- Having a minimum of 5 years of professional experience, preferably within non-profit associations.
- A track record in project management/coordination, including project development and fundraising is a necessity.
- A good command of English and another language or being native in English.
- Having experience as feminist or women’s rights activist/expert/advocate is important. The person should be fully support WIDE+ goals, vision, and mission.
- Having affinity and some expertise or experience in topics around migration, heterodox economic, or environment/the climate in relation to feminist perspectives.
- Having experience with transnational projects or alliance building is important.
- It is desired that the person has experience with intersectional discrimination, for example as a migrant women.
- In terms of traits: having a ‘can-do’ mindset, being willing to take on a variety of tasks and situations, having good social skills -being able to communicate clearly- and being able to work independently to complete the work