WIDE+ is looking for a person that would like to spend half a working day per week to sustain the external communication of WIDE+, in editing and publishing 2 e-news updates per month and preparing social media posts.
The position is for a year, with the possibility of extension and a trial period of 4 months. This job can be an interesting side-job for a student, independent consultant, or primary caregiver seeking to complement income. We are seeking someone that can write in English and knows how to use social media. The person can work from home in any European country.
WIDE+ is a European network of feminist activists, scholars, and women’s rights organisations that reaches out to 300 associations, through its national membership-based networks and organisations across Europe. It promotes women’s rights by analyzing the systemic causes of inequality and advocating for transformative change. Its core strengths are its scope, activism and diversity of our network. WIDE+ has members in many European states and partners around the globe.
For WIDE+, feminism is not only about challenging patriarchy. We strongly believe that many of the current crises we face in Europe and beyond are caused by neo-liberal approaches that put big business and privatization before the wellbeing and human rights of people. Work primarily done by women is still made invisible (unpaid care work) or exploited at the bottom end of the pay scale. WIDE+ promotes a global and intersectional feminism.
- Update the WIDE+ website and post on Facebook, Twitter/X, Instagram and Linkedin (Officer can co-develop frequency of posting on each channel).
- Prepare and send out e-newsletters to members (bimonthly or monthly).
- Write short articles, announcements, emails, etc. for WIDE+’s media.
- Support the enhancement of external communication in collaboration with members.
- Qualified Bachelor as educational background or close to achieving this educational level.
- A good command of English.
- Having experience as feminist or women’s rights activist/expert/advocate is much desired.
- The person should be fully supporting WIDE+ goals, vision, and mission.
- Being able to demonstrate writing skills and some experience with online communication.
- Strong drive to learn, contribute, and engage in external communication strategies.
- Having access to ICT tools to enable online connecting with WIDE+ secretariat members and other members.
- In terms of traits: being able to work independently to complete the work as the work is mostly from the person’s own location.
- An opportunity to work according to feminist values and vision, to bring about feminist change.
- A dynamic and diverse network with opportunities to learn new things and bring in own ideas.
- Salary Gross of 500 Euros per month through a freelance arrangement of choice.
Please send a CV and motivation letter to email@example.com before 23.59 O’clock on 30 October 2023. For more information contact the above mentioned e-mail address. Interviews will be organized shortly after the closing date. Only applicants selected for an interview will receive a reply; if people have questions about the selection process, they can also write to the above address.